The MaD Enduro – Triple Header 2016
Welcome to the Mean and Dirty MTB Enduro Series for 2016.
- Round 1 – 17th April
- Round 2 – 21st August
- Round 3 – 9th October
We are bringing affordable and well organised MTB Enduro events to Gloucestershire. With our experience and knowledge of MTB downhill, cross country and enduro racing, as well as being regular mountain bikers for over 30 years, we feel we know what makes for a great Enduro event.
We have live timing supplied by Rogue Racer and a fantastic venue at Ebworth Park GL6 7ES (a few miles from Gloucester and Cirencester) in partnership with the National Trust, which is the base for the whole series and has great facilities for your enjoyment.
What is Enduro?
MTB Enduro is a form of MTB racing which is based around a set of timed downhill stages, these have linked transitional trails you have to complete to the start of each subsequent stage. The format is based on motorbike enduro and anyone who has followed car rallying should find it instantly familiar. The most basic definition is timed downhills and untimed uphills. Racing is over a series of special stages and whoever has the fastest combined time after those stages wins.
A few basic rules:
- All competitors must carry everything they need for the event. This includes spares, tools, clothing, food and drink. What you carry is up to you but give it some thought.
- Cycle Helmets MUST be warn during the event, fullface helmets are not compulsory but we recommend them.
- The rider catching another rider must shout a warning and state which side they intend to pass. (“On the Right” or left)
- If you break the tape, which lines each stage, you must rejoin the course at the point you broke the tape.
We ask that: Should you come across and injured rider please stop and call for assistance, we have marshals all around each stage.
- You will start from the arena when you decide and ride the whole course in stage order, stage one first then stage two and so on. You will make your way to stage one where you will be able to start your run when you wish. PLEASE NOTE: The course will close at 2pm
- The winner is the rider with the quickest time over all of the stages on the day. Each Round will feature fresh stages and will be ridden blind, so there will be NO practice before each Round.
- There will be 4 timed stages and the times for the stages will be added together for an aggregate time to decide the winner in each Round and category. All stages are varied over distance and elevation/vertical drop.
- The stages have been designed to be ridden by a mixture of abilities, so no big jumps but challenging enough for the best riders out there and basically the faster you go the harder it is. There will be multiple lines available for you to take on each stage, depending upon your ability. To ensure maximum enjoyment, riders will can also set off in groups to ride between each stage, so you can register to ride with your mates on the day.
There are LIMITED SPACES AVALABLE and NO ON THE DAY ENTRIES available, so book now to avoid disappointment.
Competitor Numbers: 200 maximum per Round
Entry Fees: £30 per rider (leave it late it’s £40 with a week to go, OTD tbc)
- Juvenile Men – Riders in the year of their 13th or 14th birthdays (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
- Youth Men – Riders in the year of their 15th or 16th birthdays (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
- Junior Men – Riders in the year of their 17th or 18th birthdays (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
- Male Senior – 19-29 (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
- Masters – 30-39 (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
- Vets – 40-49 (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
- Grandvets – 50 + (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
- Females – Riders in the year of their 13th birthday onwards (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
- Fatbike – Riders in the year of their 13th birthday or onwards (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
- Round 1 – 17th April CLOSED
- Round 2 – 21st August CLOSED
- Round 3 – 9th October CLOSED
- Registration: 09-1100hrs
- Main Event Times: Start 10am, last start 1200hrs, course close at 2pm.
- Prize Giving: 2.05pm
- Free on the day parking
- Local Camping
- Superbly sign posted and marshalled course
- Hot & cold refreshments
- Drinking water
- Technical support from SLAM69
- Live Timing as you finish from RogueRacer
- Personalised certificates with your split times
- Prizes, presentations for top 3 of each category.
- Event photographer
- First Aid and on course support and recovery
- The best friendly event staff you could ask for…..we look forward to seeing you at Round 2.