Welcome to our 2016/17 Winter XC series MaD Dash, in association with Slam69 Bicycle shop
MAD Dash is a series of XC MTB Rides that will suit all age groups and abilities, the aim is to keep riding the great hills in the Cotswolds during the winter months and encourage Novice and Younger Riders to join in the racing. There will be prizes awarded at each race and then Series Prizes awarded after Race 4, to those who have competed in a minimum of 3 races.
The events will be held on a lapped course approximately 4.5k long. The routes are all-weather and will change for each Race. There is something for everyone at this marvellous National Trust location. The events are aimed at all categories from children, Youth & Junior and Adult. We have a specific category for Novices to come and try the events.
This year we will be running all the events at the National Trusts Ebworth Centre, The Camp, near Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL6 7ES. An amazing location with 15km of single track options that will be used to make each Race totally unique and challenging!
There will be parking, toilets and hot and cold refreshments. There will also be a neutral service vehicle, bike wash down, drinking water, First Aid, marshals and signage.
There will be live race timing provided by Rogue Racer available for spectators during the race and immediately available at the finish. Lap times and certificates will be available online.
Medals for all finishers at each Race.
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Male & Female
- 1st U23, M40, M50, M60, M70
- 1st U23, F40, F50, F60
- 1st M16, M14, F16, F14
- 1st Fat Bike Rider
Individuals will only qualify for one award.
Series Rules: to qualify for the overall Series awards you must take part in a minimum of 3 of the 4 races. Your best 3 scores will count to your final standing. Points are awarded based upon your overall finish position for that race, Adult or U16 by Male & Female. The winners are those with the fewest points after Race 4. Individuals can only qualify for one prize.
Series prizes to be awarded for:
- Adult Male: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 1st U23, 1st M40, 1st M50, 1st M60.
- Adult Female: 1st overall, 1st U23, 1st F40, 1st F50, 1st F60.
- 1st Youth Male, 1st Juvenile Male
- 1st Youth Female, 1st Juvenile Female
- All U12s who compete in 3 events will receive a prize.
Age Category Race Duration Approximately
- Adult (including Novice) – 90mins
- Junior – 90mins
- Youth & Juvenile – 60mins
- U12s – 20mins
- U8s – 10min
Timings (subject to confirmation)
- Car park open – 0830hrs
- Registration open – 0900-1100hrs
- U12s & U8s Race – 1000hrs (20mins approx on short course)
- Course open for practise 1000hrs – 1100hrs
- U12s presentation – 1030hrs
- Adult Race start – 1130hrs
- Adult race course closure – 1300hrs
- Adult Race presentations – 1330hrs
17yo+ – Individual Entry per Race – Early Bird £18, Normal £23, Late £30
Youth & Juvenile 12-16yo – Individual Entry per Race – early Bird £10, Normal £15, Late £22
Under 12s – Individual Entry per Race – Early Bird £8, Normal £10, Late £18
- All age groups are calculated on your age at 31/12/2017 except the U12s their Age Group will be calculated on the day of the race.
- The organisers will be paying for your online transaction fee
- Last year nearly all races sold out. If there are still places left one week before the event the entry fees will increase, note if we do have any OTD entries available payment is cash only at a higher fee.
Race 1 – 11 Dec 2016 – Ebworth Park
Race 2 – 08 Jan 2017 – Ebworth Park
Race 3 – 12 Feb 2017 – Ebworth Park
Race 4 – 12 Mar 2017 -Ebworth Park
- ENTER HERE-early bird entry is now open for a limited period
- PARTICIPANT LIST
As part of our negotiations to gain the use of this venue, we agreed that they will remain closed to the public outside of event days. This is very important and is vital to ensure we can continue using these fantastic parks in future.
Please Do Not Ride this venue outside of events! Thank you.